What is Low Level Laser Therapy?
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is also known as Cold Laser Therapy or Photobiomodulation Therapy. This uses light to boost the body’s natural healing ability in response to pain, inflammation, swelling and muscular spasm, whilst at the same time increasing oxygen levels to sick and injured cells. It is approved and registered by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
How does it work?
It is a gentle and pain free treatment that targets many conditions. When LLLT is applied to the skin, light is absorbed by the damaged cells. This in turn triggers a reaction in the mitochondria (the powerhouse of our cells) to produce more energy, stimulating the body’s immune response, and increasing blood supply to the damaged cells, increasing tissue repair, and reducing inflammation, swelling and pain. It targets the chronic inflammation to promote healing, which means the results are effective and long lasting.
The benefits of Low Level Laser Therapy may include:
* Pain relief
* Reduction of inflammation
* Reducing of swelling
* Improved blood circulation
* Boosting the immune system
* Increased joint flexibility
* Improved and faster wound healing
* Speeds up recovery time post injury/surgery
* Improves neurological function
* It is non-invasive, drug free pain relief
* The combination of LLLT and chiropractic may improve your results.
Many athletes now choose the benefits of Low Level Laser Therapy and find it may:
* Improve endurance
* Reduce the incidence of injury
* Reduce the chance of re-injury
* Speed up recovery time post injury
* Improve strength
* Reduce muscle fatigue
* Increase energy
Many conditions can be treated with Low Level Laser Therapy and it is part of our integrative approach:
* Neck and back pain & injuries
* Disk herniation
* Rheumatoid Arthritis
* Wound healing & scarring
* Fracture Healing
* Plantar Fasciitis
* Frozen shoulder
* Repetitive Strain Injuries
* Chronic Pain
* Sporting Injuries, including muscles, tendons & ligaments
* Improving athletic performance
* Increasing energy levels
* Pre & Post-surgical & dental care
* Peripheral nerve damage
* Help support sufferers of Autoimmune conditions